Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hello There–MFT Color Challenge #44

MFTCPC44_2016apr28

Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Orange Fizz, Limelight, Grapesicle, and Grape Jelly. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_44
OK, so it you’re thinking, “She really likes Hello There Die-namics” you would be right ;-) I love the script, I love the size, and I love how versatile they are—so many different ways to use them! For this card, I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then applied Peerless Watercolors to some Ranger Watercolor paper in the challenge colors and splattered with clear water for some interest. Next I cut the “there” part of the die set from the colored paper and three more times from Sweet Tooth card stock.

MFTCPC44_2016apr28b

Once the die was cut, I could stamp the “HELLO” sentiment, from LJD Fly-By Friends, with Black Licorice hybrid ink and filled in the die cut with one of the white copies. It’s important to keep the tiny little pieces of the origianal cut to fill in on that layer of white. Then I added the other two white layers and finally the watercolored layer before popped the whole thing up on foam mounting tape. To finish off, I added some clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins and some Raindrops. Easy peasy and so effective!

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by--
MFT May Release Countdown starts TOMORROW so I hope to see you back here for that.


1springsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Fly-By Friends (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Hello There Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, Pretty Pink Posh Sequins (MFT); Raindrops

1springsignature

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!