Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Good Luck–MFT’s February Creative Construction With Blueprints

creativeconstwithBP_2016feb23

We could go round and round on this topic but we feel confident that circles are the shape we reach for most when it comes to adding soft interest to our projects. Layers, peek-a-boo windows, masks, even shaped cards - there are so many ways to incorporate this classic shape into your crafting and this month, our team is highlighting Blueprints that boast this first-class form. Be sure to check by the MFT Blog to see how the Design Team met this month’s challenge.

MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar
Did someone say circles? You know my first thought was a shaker card, so I went with it. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base and adhered a piece of Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack cut with Blueprints 21 Die-namics. My shaker front was created by using Blueprints 20 Die-namics and Blueprints 13 Die-namics after I did a watercolor wash and stamped Distress Patterns with Black Licorice hybrid ink. My shaker element window was created with heat resistant acetate, I used Sweet Tooth card stock for the back, created the depth with foam mounting tape, and filled it up with Pretty Pink Posh sequins. The sentiment is from Lucky and was also stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink.

creativeconstwithBP_2016feb23b

After my shaker window was done, I cut three shamrocks from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb with Lucky Die-namics, stamped the coordinating image with Lucky stamp set, and colored them with Copic markers. I wanted them to look like balloons, so I added some black baker’s twine to each, tied them together, and popped them up on foam.

And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!

1winterssupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Lucky, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack, Ranger watercolor paper, heat resistant acetate (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Blueprints 13 Die-namics, Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Lucky Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); seed beads, Copic markers, baker’s twine

1wintersignature

8 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!