Monday, January 25, 2016

I Like You More Than a Monkey Likes Bananas

countdown1b_2016jan5

Hi, everyone, I have another card to share with you today using MFT January Release products. I just love this Cheeky Monkey—he just looks like he can’t wait to get into trouble!

I started with a Kraft card stock base, then, on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb which I stamped all over with the banana images with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers, then popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape after tying around some baker’s twine. I built my shaker element with Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Wonky Stitched Square STAX Die-namics and cut the window out with Square STAX Set 1 Die-namics.

countdown1b_2016jan5b

I used heat resistant acetate for the window, foam mounting tape, and Pretty Pink Posh sequins. I then added some Leafy Greenery, cut from Sour Apple card stock and the monkey, also colored with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder and popped up on foam.

And that’s it! Thanks so much for stoppin by—see you soon!

1winterssupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Cheeky Monkey (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Black Licorice card stock, heat resistant acetate (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Cheeky Monkey Die-namics, Leafy Greenery Die-namics, Square STAX Set 1 Die-namics, Wonky Stitched Square STAX Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); Copic markers, baker’s twine

1wintersignature

1 comment:

  1. Love ur card! So I'm about to attempt my first shaker card
    I'm not totally clear on how u enclose the sequins - is it just the foam adhesive? But then don't the sequins stick to it? Help! And thx ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!