Sunday, December 13, 2015

You're Amazing - SSSC #299

Hey, everyone, its time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Another classic design from Karen that I’m sure I’ll be revisiting in the future.



I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. For the horizontal element, I stamped an image from Distressed Patterns with Steel Gray dye ink and the did some splattering with stamps from the same set using Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, and Sour Apple dye ink. Then I added the flags, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics—since the other elements were smooth on the edges I thought the stitching was a nice accent. Next I cut some Ranger Watercolor paper with Circle STAX Set 2 Die-namics, did a little watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors, stamped the sentiment from Amazing, and popped it up on foam.


Next I cut and stamped a bunch of images using Mini Modern Blooms and Mini Modern Blooms Die-namics and arranged them on the circle. You can find all the colors I used in the Inlinkz below. To finish off I added a few enamel dots and it was done! Thanks SO much for stopping by today—see you soon!



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Amazing, Distressed Patterns, Mini Modern Blooms (MFT)
Ink:
Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Daffodil dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Steel Gray dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Blue Breeze dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Blue Yonder dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Circle STAX Set 2 Die-namics, Mini Modern Blooms Die-namics, Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors (MFT); enamel dots





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors. Thanks, now I need those new blues. Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp!* It's SQUARE! WHAT is happening???

    LOLOL BEAUTIFUL card! Wouldja' stop making me need those stamps??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!