Saturday, December 05, 2015

MFT Release Countdown, Day Four + a Video

countdownday4a_2015dec5

Hi, everyone, thanks for joining me for Day Four of MFT’s December Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing Mini Modern Blooms Stamp Set, Mini Modern Blooms Die-namics, Amazing Stamp Set, Doubly Amazing Die-namics, and Distressed Patterns Stamp Set. Awesome stuff coming up this month, I’m tellin’ you! Remember that release is at 10pm on December 8th and all of the details are available on the MFT Blog.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day4
I have a couple of cards for you today, the first one using the camouflage technique. I started with a Stone Gray card stock base, then, on some Ranger watercolor paper, I stamped some images from Distressed Patterns with Black Licorice dye ink. Folks, I can promise you you will be seeing many more projects from me using Distressed Patterns—I’m having a hard time NOT using it on every card! See that spatter pattern? It’s stamped!! Oh, MY goodness, the tiny dots are killing me!! Perfection, just perfection!

OK, so then I did a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and die cut using Doubly Amazing Die-namics. I also cut it again from Sweet Tooth card stock and twice from Black Licorice card stock, then stamped the sentiment from Amazing with Black Licorice dye ink.

countdownday4a_2015dec5b

Then I replaced the cut out area with the white copy, adhered the two blacks and the stamped copies together and to the white copy. Once they were in place there was lots of dimension, plus the black edge from the sides make it show up so much better! I love how this worked.

Here’s a little video to show you how I went about doing this. You can see it HERE in HD or click on the button below to view it here on the blog.



I popped the whole thing up on the base and it was done!
*****

I’m using Distressed Patterns again for my second card, along with Amazing and Doubly Amazing Die-namics—a match made in stamping heaven :)

countdownday4b_2015dec5

This card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. I cut more Sweet Tooth card stock with Blueprints 24 Die-namics and stamped images from Distressed Patterns in a rainbow effect starting with, bottom to top, Red Hot dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Sunshine dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Blue Breeze dye ink, and Periwinkle dye ink. I overstamped the “splatters” images with Delicata Gold pigment ink, matted it with brushed gold card stock, and stamped the sentiment from Amazing with Black Licorice dye ink.

countdownday4b_2015dec5b

I stamped one of the large images from Amazing on translucent vellum with Versamark, heat embossed with gold detail embossing powder, and wrapped it around the card front, securing it on the back. To finish off, I added some enamel dots. Fun cards!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you back tomorrow for Day Three of MFT’s December Release Countdown!


1christmassupplies

countdownday4a_2015dec5


countdownday4b_2015dec5


~Supplies~
Amazing Die-Cut Card:
Stamps:
Amazing, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Doubly Amazing Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT)

Gold Amazing Card:
Stamps:
Amazing, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:
Red Hot dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Sunshine dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Blue Breeze dye ink, Periwinkle dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark, Delicata Gold pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, brushed gold card stock, translucent vellum (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 24 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, gold detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool, enamel dots

1christmassignature

16 comments:

  1. Love both cards and thank you for showing us how to do that great technique for having your words in same color on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Barbara! So you!,,,,, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are AMAZING!!! Love them both. Thanks for the video technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two amazing cards that are very striking- love the art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Distressed Patterns set and your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Fabulous cards using the Distress Pattern set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed ea,h n every month amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing. Love the backgrounds you have created and the way you treated the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. I, too, love the splatters stamp set. What a great addition to anyone's stamping "must haves."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what you did with the distressed patterns. It is a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely "amazing" cards! Love that splatter stamp set, too. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. your first card is stunning, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the CAS style of both cards! Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, Love, Love this Card. This stamps set has so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!