Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Focus on What Matters–CTD #368

CTD368_2015nov11

Hey, there, everyone! Thanks for joining me for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Lori has picked a fun palette of colors for us to work with based on her inspiration piece.


swatch 368
I’ll admit it—I was a little stumped with these colors until I remembered Bokeh Builder stamp set—you can use ANY color combo with this set and it works! I decided with this much pattern going on to keep the card design super simple so I just stamped the images and colors until I got what I thought was enough and stopped. Which is hard for me to do ;-)

CTD368_2015nov11b

I stamped the sentiment from the set on translucent vellum with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, wrapped the ends around and adhered them to the back, then popped it up on foam mounting tape. I added a few sequins and a silver foil card stock LLD Accent It – Cute Cameras Die-namics and called it done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD368 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd368 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented November Guest Designer, Karolyn Loncon!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Karolyn Loncon – November Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!

1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Bokeh Builder (MFT)
Ink:
Jellybean Green dye ink, Razzle Berry dye ink, Gravel Gray dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, translucent vellum, silver foil card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Accent It – Cute Cameras Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder

1fallsignature

5 comments:

  1. Barb, I completely love this card! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the color throw-down. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you've done with this bokeh set! The white sentiment on vellum is something I need to remember to do more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! I love the sequins mixed in with the bokeh dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bokeh and yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!