Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Happy Holidays–CTD #364

Hi, all, thanks for joining me for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! I’m hosting this week and my colors were pulled from this photo of some gorgeous sneakers I took while traveling in Venice this past summer. Outrageously cut and outrageously expensive so all I got was a photo ;-)


I went with very soft shades for this non-traditional colored Christmas card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then added a strip down the left side that I stamped up with Candy Stripes Background Builder and Sour Apple dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink, and Gravel Gray dye ink. Next, I did a water color wash on some Ranger watercolor paper with Blu Raspberry dye ink, stamped the sentiment, from Hand Lettered Holiday, with Gravel Gray dye ink, tied around some hemp baker’s twine, and popped it up on foam.


Then I cut Poinsettia Die-namics from Ranger watercolor paper and colored the pieces with Coral Crush dye ink and Sour Apple dye ink, assembled it with hot glue, and was done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD364 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd364 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented October Guest Designer, Michele Boyer!


Barbara Anders
(<--- You are here!)   

Broni Holcombe Joan Ervin

Jodi Collins

Lori Tecler

Tammy Hershberger

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Michele Boyer – October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Hand Lettered Holiday, Candy Stripes Background Builder (MFT)
Ink:
Blu Raspberry dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Gravel Gray dye ink (MFT
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Poinsettia Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, medium water brush (MFT); baker’s twine

4 comments:

  1. Saw this in instagram and I had to stop by and tell you how much I ADORE this card! The watercolor is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this watercolor Christmas card! The striped border really ties all the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this combo and this card is so gorgeous!! It would look perfect sitting right over my craft desk at Christmas time!! I believe you already have my address, right???? He, he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE how you watercolored that poinsettia, and the sequin center is fabulous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!