Thursday, July 02, 2015

Ahoy–MFTWSC #235

MFTWSC235_2015jul2


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC235

I couldn’t resist making a shaker card with this sketch!! Circles speak to me that way, LOL! Well, I don’t need much of an excuse to make a shaker card any time :) I started with a Primitive White card stock base on which I stamped the rope image from Go Overboard with Black Licorice dye ink in a diagonal pattern. Next up is a Kraft card stock panel stamped with the anchor from the set with Versamark, cut out with Blueprints 23 Die-namics and popped up on foam mounting tape. I created my shaker element by cutting silver foil card stock with Stitched Circle Frames Die-namics, backing it with Berrylicious card stock stenciled with Waves Stencil and Berrylicious dye ink. I added a few 6mm sand sequins, closed it up and adhered it to the Kraft panel. The sentiment was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder then adhered to the circle. I cut the anchor with Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics from Grout Gray card stock and distressed it up a bit before adding some cotton yarn “rope” and adding it.

On the inside is another sentiment from Go Overboard.

MFTWSC235_2015jul2in


And that’s it from me today! Hope to see you back tomorrow for the first day of MFT July Release Countdown! It’s a birthday-filled month so don’t miss a day! Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Go Overboard (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Kraft card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Grout Gray card stock, silver foil card stock, heat resistant acetate (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 23 Die-namics, Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics, Stitched Circle Frames Die-namics, Waves Stencil, foam mounting tape, 1/8” ScorTape, 6mm sand sequins, white detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool, cotton yarn


1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is a fabulous shaker card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nautical themes and your card is just so pretty! Great shaker too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love sea life, and the ocean, I've never been much on nautical themes, but this is just gorgeous! I absolutely love it. Fantastic job. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!