Saturday, June 13, 2015

Shoot For the Stars–C4C #290

C4C290_2015jun13


Hi, everyone, it’s that crazy time again, Crazy 4 Challenges! Since Father’s Day is fast approaching, today Danielle is challenging us to make a masculine card.

I’m blogging a card I taught at the recent MFT Retreat at the end of May. I fine time was had by all and I think they enjoyed making this background. Since the colors can definitely be considered masculine, I decided to save myself some work and kill two birds with this stone ;-)

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, on another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, I stenciled Summer Splash dye ink and then Blueberry dye ink for my background. Then I went back in and free hand drew the lines in between the inked areas. I popped it up on foam mounting tape and added the sentiment, from LLD Count the Stars, stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, then also popped up on foam. The rest of the sentiment is from LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics and, along with the large stars from LLD Lucky Stars Die-namics, were cut from Black Licorice card stock. I added a few Ranger silver foil card stock small stars and it was done.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

C4C290_2015jun13in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our June Guest Designer, Debra Hensley!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C290.

Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars (MFT)
Ink:
Blueberry dye ink, Summer Splash dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger silver foil card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Lucky Stars Die-namics, LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, Harlequin Stencil, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue pen, white detail embossing powder (MFT); ultra fine point black marker, heat tool

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!