Friday, June 26, 2015

Birthday Butterflies - MFT Color Challenge #24

MFTCPC24_2015june25

Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Blu Raspberry, Persimmon, Lemon Chiffon, and Sweet Tooth. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_#24
I went kinda CAS with this card—mainly to highlight these gorgeous new butterflies from MFT, Flutter of Butterflies – Lace Die-namics. There is a solid version, too, but I wanted to add the color to these so I’m only using the lace ones on this card.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then added a layer of Sweet Tooth card stock on which I spread white embossing paste through Bold Paisley Stencil. I popped that up on foam mounting tape and added the sentiment, also popped up. It’s part of a sentiment from DC You’re Fin-tastic stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I cut three sizes of the butterflies from Black Licorice card stock and inlaid the challenge colors into their wing openings. I popped them up on foam, as well, then finished off with some enamel dots.

MFTCPC24_2015june25close


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from LJD Birthday Greetings.

MFTCPC24_2015june25in

And that’s it for the current color challenge! Hope to see you playing along! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC You’re Fin-tastic, LJD Birthday Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Persimmon card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Flutter of Butterflies – Lace, Bold Paisley Stencil, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, white embossing paste, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); heat tool, enamel dots

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!