Tuesday, November 25, 2014

MFT November DT Creative Challenge–Christmas Cheer

creativechallenge1_2014nov25


We’re quickly approaching a season that is chock-full of opportunities for creating cards, tags, treat boxes, and home decor. With such an amazing array of crafting possibilities, we were encouraged to go wild exploring all of the holiday crafting our imaginations can travel. I'm ALWAYS up for creating for Christmas and today I have a card with a twist on what has become an ubiquitous part of our culture and a mini version of my beloved banner.

Alright, let’s get to it, shall we? The most important thing I can tell you about this card is that it was super easy! A little time consuming, but very easy to put together and I love it. I love it so much I’m going to frame it :)

I started with a Black Licorice card stock base, then cut the letters from Sweet Tooth card stock with LLD Little Letters Die-namics and simply adhered them to the card front. I laid them out and then lightly drew some pencil lines to help me keep them straight and glued them on. The Santa hat is from BB Jingle All the Way. It started out on top of Santa’s head, but I stamped it on X-Press It Blending Card with Black Licorice hybrid ink, colored it with Copic markers and fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam, after adding some Puffy Paint to the fur areas. I wanted just another touch of color so the “AND” (also part of a sentiment from BB Jingle All the Way)was stamped on Wild Cherry card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink, heat embossed with white embossing powder, then popped up on foam, as well.

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments with Wild Cherry dye ink. I’m going to hang this on my wall in a frame and leave it so people can open it up and see the inside sentiment—interactive art--I think it will be a hit at our Christmas Open House in less than two weeks :)

creativechallenge1_2014nov25in
*****

Next up is the mini banner…mini in size only, though. It has pretty much all of the usual elements that I include on my big banners except the rosette. Sadly, the rosette dies have been retired but it would have been too bulky for this smaller version, anyway.

creativechallenge2_2014nov25


I started with corrugated paper and cut out my bottom layer of each pennant with a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, trimming down the length. Because of the smaller scale, I needed my layers to be closer in size to show to the best advantage, so I used them instead of my usual Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-namics. The next layer up was cut with Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics from Black Licorice card stock and the third was cut again from Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Sheet Music Background using Black Licorice hybrid ink.

creativechallenge2_2014nov25close

I used this month’s Free With $60 set, Stitched Scallop Edges Die-namics and Black Licorice card stock for the “header” and Pierced Snowflakes Die-namics and glitter paper for the next layer. From Blu Raspberry card stock I cut the “dizzy” variation from Mini Doily Circles Die-namics, more corrugated paper with Stitched Circles STAX Die-namics, and the letters from teal glitter paper using LLD Little Letters Die-namics. I connected them all together by hot gluing each pennant to jute cord and tied a Blu Raspberry button between each pennant and at each end with hemp cord. The “sentiment” part is from LJD Snowflake Splendor and was stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice hybrid ink. All elements were sponged with Kraft dye ink.

Here’s how it’s going to be displayed in my home—I’m so in love!

creativechallenge2_2014nov25staghead


And that’s all I have for you today! Thank you so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2

creativechallenge1_2014nov25



creativechallenge2_2014nov25


~Supplies~
Keep Calm Card:
Stamps:
BB Jingle All the Way, Seasonal Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Wild Cherry dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Little Letters Die-namics (MFT); Copic markers, white embossing powder, heat tool, foam tape, Puffy Paint

Snow Banner:
Stamps:
Sheet Music Background, LJD Snowflake Splendor (MFT)
Ink:
Kraft dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock (MFT); corrugated paper, silver and teal glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Stitched Scallop Edges Die-namics, Pierced Snowflakes Die-namics, Mini Doily Circles Die-namics, Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, LLD Little Letters Die-namics, Blu Raspberry button, hemp cord 

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. OK, the card is cute.... but the banner is FAAAAAABULOUS! LOVE the vintage-ness with the aqua blues... all it needs is a silver tinsel tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top card! I love how you did the santa hat. The decor is awesome....love the colors and all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Keep Calm card is so cute, and that mini banner is stunning! Love the colors you used and the dies work great together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!